Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Telling, without Shame: Update

AOL.com has a story on the Ms. Magazine "I Had an Abortion" petition. I took the poll around 5 pm and these were the results:


Is it a bad idea because women shouldn't be "shamed" with public acknowledgement of an often difficult decision? Or because it might "encourage" other women to have abortions? Or should it just not be talked about? Abortion abortion abortion abortion abortion abortion abortion. So there.

Though the magazine is publishing 1,016 names in next week's issue, the names of all 5000+ women who signed (including the real me) will be available online and you can still sign it.

As the article says, it is a watershed moment. There is a slope down which we all can slide.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You blogged, I signed, they called. There, that was simple.

Thanks, I have been meaning to get that off my chest for 30 years.

Wed Oct 04, 06:14:00 PM  
Blogger Professor Zero said...

They were supposed to call us? They didn't call me. We'll see if my name appears. People tell me I should have been upset about it, but the erosion of the city and the U.S. constitution are what actually bother me. I do not find this perverse.

Wed Oct 04, 10:21:00 PM  
Blogger The Combat Philosopher said...

Hi GB,
You might also want to look at A History of Abortion and Profound Stupidity.
This history of ideas behind this whole issue is pretty sad, and way beyond the Bible thumpers.

Also, I'd appreciate your thoughts on another matter that was on my blog a couple of days ago. I got a great deal of input from qualified neighbors, although none were academics. So, your thoughts on the Poison Girls would be very welcome (I like to encourage debate). You comments on the comments would be especially welcome.

The CP

Wed Oct 04, 10:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Zimbabwean women want Dignity.Period!


Listed on 
BlogShares