Summertiiiime and the Livin' Is....
Though there is much I want to write about (collective punishment in the Middle East and in the massive police action here in Central City and elsewhere young dark men stand around for more than 20 seconds; Darfur; the book on Rwanda I've been reading and how working for the UN on a mission not supported by the US, France or other big gun countries is a lot like working for the University, though in my case no one dies; NO assessors; the complete and impartial sex ed Smother thinks has been in schools all my life and how most women are stupid if they don't have a nurse's knowledge of bodily functions, anatomy and sexuality; and the 40 other thoughts I've wanted to develop), posting will be sporadic until The Girl is in school all day or I win the lottery and hire a domestic staff (at 2x the living wage or more; just because I don't want to do it doesn't make it worthless).
- Strain is sticking by his words--no surprise there.
- A few students have objected to their final grades, including one who sent 2 emails with few if any capitals and no punctuation, of course bewildered why she didn't pass the course.
- It may just be my PKSD (post-Katrina stress disorder)--maybe the interruptions are my delusion and I can't seem to get things done because of that, not the family I dearly love (except for Smother).
- Hopefully, the chair will hire an ABD or 2 to take some of the pressure off her and the Presidential professor (who went from teaching 1-2 classes a semester to a full load of 4).
- It still looks like the water drained out of Gentilly last week.
- Bullets make it look like you've actually said something. I see why students love them so.