Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Some Real Parents

Vegankid has a great post about parental acceptance and he refers to a news story I wanted to write about myself--Nicole Anderson, a five-year-old transgirl, who has said since she could talk that she is not a boy but a girl. Her parents will register her for kindergarten this year as a girl. It may be a total shitstorm (a previous transgirl was taken from her parents in 2000) but the Andersons are ready to stand firm and support Nicole to be who she is.

As someone who grew up towing all the lines and wishing, hoping, scraping, demeaning the self for a little recognition, much less support, Nicole's and Vegankid's stories make my eyes misty.

I hope I can be anywhere near that good a parent some of the time.

tag: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know you are.

Tue Jun 13, 10:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Zimbabwean women want Dignity.Period!


Listed on 
BlogShares