Thursday, April 06, 2006

We Are Here, We Are Here, We Are Here!

This is better than my idea of everyone in NO at a certain time (like noon) all shouting, blowing car horns and whistles, banging pots and pans, making any kind of noise possible like the Whos in Whoville--We are here, we are here, we are here! Tell EVERY- and ANYONE you know to do this. If you don't have any beads (and if I had more/any money, I’d send 'em out to you), improvise with anything like beads or just write BEADS on index cards. Even though the Army Corps of Engineers has 'admitted' that you could say there was a design flaw in the 17th St. Canal levee (2 levees breached, mind you, but the head can only sort of admit to one), Congress and the White House are still playing how-hard-can-brown-folks-beg with New Orleans redevelopment funding. Without repaired levees, there can be no flood maps which means there can be not only no redevelopment but no flood or homeowners insurance, no house sales or purchases, no more gutting and certainly no rebuilding.

Even if you don't care about NO (and if you don't care about brown people, like I say to students who don't do the assignments, Don't fucking tell me!), think about what natural disaster might hit your area and how this administration and Congress would react. Or not react, in this case.

Look at the video, find some beads and an envelope.

(I feel like I am screaming in the middle of the street, clothes ripped, tearing out my own hair, face distorted and turning colors--which I am light brown enough to do, thank you very much.)



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great, count me in!

Thu Apr 06, 04:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Zimbabwean women want Dignity.Period!


Listed on 
BlogShares