Friday, October 27, 2006

The Nearest Book Meme

From Bardiac, a tag-yourself meme.
Rules:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 4 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.
****

What exactly are we saying? That the presence of such people and their acts in our community will cause its downfall? Why should we think this? Because we don't like them?

Nussbaum, Martha. Hiding from Humanity: Disgust, Shame, and the Law. Princeton, NJ: Princeton Univ. Press, 2004.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bardiac said...

Wow, you had a cool, intellectual book at hand anyways!

Fri Oct 27, 09:51:00 PM  
Blogger G Bitch said...

I have about 20 books near me so I had to close my eyes and grab. The first 2 times I picked Sudoku puzzle books!

Sat Oct 28, 08:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had alot of fun with this one. It was a toss up between "The Eternal Hermes: from Greek god to alchemical magus" by Antoine Faivre & Caesar's "The Conquest of Gaul."

It proved to me that:

(1) I need to read lighter books every once in a while

OR

(2) I need to clean up around the computer more often

OR

(3) I need to get out more often.

Or maybe all of the above. LOL

Sat Oct 28, 08:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks you ! I did it too. Good light relief....

Sat Oct 28, 12:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a cool meme - thanks! I would love if you would visit my new blog here:

http://charleyana.wordpress.com/2006/10/28/cool-book-meme/

Sat Oct 28, 05:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Zimbabwean women want Dignity.Period!


Listed on 
BlogShares