Friday, April 28, 2006

Swooning Lady and Pseudo-Curry

Am I just a bitch or does it not make sense why the plagiarized author has had a 'difficult' time?

"In the case of Kaavya Viswanathan's plagiarizing of my novels 'Sloppy Firsts' and 'Second Helpings,' " she [Megan McCafferty] said, "I wish to inform all of the parties involved that I am not seeking restitution in any form.

"The past few weeks have been very difficult, and I am most grateful to my readers for offering continual support, and for reminding me what Jessica Darling means to both them and to me. In my career, I am, first and foremost, a writer. So I look forward to getting back to work and moving on, and hope Ms. Viswanathan can, too."


Viswanathan plagiarizes BOTH of McCafferty's cutely-titled books, is smeared across the Internet and New York Times, has her books pulled from stores but McCafferty, who suddenly has her 15 minutes, is the one suffering? With this kind of free publicity for a book of mine, I'd need Xanax just to stop laughing.

2 Comments:

Blogger All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

is anything sacred any more ?my mind is to me

Fri Apr 28, 11:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somebody snatched somebody else's words and passed them on as her own and got caught. Nobody's mind was stolen. The offended author's mind remains intact and sacred. G is right when she says it all adds up to a big payday. That should soothe her pain

Mon May 01, 11:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Zimbabwean women want Dignity.Period!


Listed on 
BlogShares